使文章“好”上加好 | 期刊篇
网页发布于：Wed, 2019-05-15 15:23
Journal Specific Topics
Practical Activities for Journal
Editors and Publishers
A. Instructions for Authors
• Should be: 应当易查，易懂，全面
• Easy to find
• Easy to understand
*Tip: It is also good to complement them with sample articles or pre-made format files for authors to use as reference.
B. Structure of Scientific Articles
The IMRAD format was developed to present data in the clearest possible way.
Methods and Materials 方法和材料
*Tip: If the required article or journal structure is different, this needs to be made clear to the authors.
• The INTRODUCTION answers the question, What problem was studied?
• The METHODS section answers the question, How was the problem studied?
• The RESULTS section answers the question, What were the findings?
• The DISCUSSION section answers the question, What do the findings mean ?
C. Importance of Abstracts
• Let reader decide whether to read further
• Is the 1st part to be read, therefore it sets up positive or negative expectations for the remainder of the work
• Should encourage readers who decide the topic is relevant to read further
• If poorly written, discourages reader from reading further
• Should be aimed at both readers who will read the abstract only and those that will read the complete paper.